Sunday, March 8, 2015

My osu! Life

NolanM's userpage information
Above:

  • New York-My location, you stalkers!!!
  • 15 years-My age, you stalkers!!!
  • Studying-Occupation. In other words, to you adults that didn't study, and got a job you absolutely hate, something you dislike very much. (Ew, it shows a pencil. That means work...unless you're talking about osu! pens. Huehue.)
  • Not studying-My hobbie. Something I love.
  • http://osuguide.blogspot.com/-I have not a clue what this means.
  • Minernolan-My Skype username which I do not use anymore (Skype, I mean), I just like having everything filled out.
  • Minernolan-My twitter username. You can find a lot of tweets about this blog there.
  • 7 months ago-When I first started playing this game.
  • About 3 hours ago-When I last logged into the website.
  • 123 posts-LOL 123 GET IT HAHAHA! Anyways, the number of posts I have made in the osu! forums.

Here's how I started to play osu!.
At first, I found it out with osu!Stream, which is the app on the iPhone, or IOS store. A friend, who liked anime very much, showed me this game. I thought the style of the game was very different and confusing, because at the time, I was only playing games like Minecraft, or World of Warcraft. Not beatgames. So, I remembered that one day, so that later, when I was bored, I would search in on Google. Then, I realized that osu! was a PC game! Thus, I instantly started to play.

I started with just mouse clicking. I could do hard difficulty on max for some of the base beatmaps that came with the game when downloaded, but I would barely be getting C ranks. So, I decided to try beatmapping. I had trouble, because there was really no tutorial (and I was too stupid for not using Google at the time), and I found a more experienced friend that way.

Then I played with mouse and z and x keys. It was a pretty difficult transition, but gradually I managed to play efficiently with single tapping, and I was able to get a B rank on hard modes instead. Learning triple stacks were definitely hard to deal with at first, but once I got the hang of them, they turned out to be really fun. I mapped some more, but still had trouble. Just because honestly, I was new to this game.

Finally, I started playing with a tablet and z and x keys. It was absolutely magical. I was doing every harder difficulty with more and more ease as if I've been playing the game much longer than I really had. Also turns out, I've had a tablet even before I started playing osu!. I tried connecting it, but I didn't understand how it worked, so I gave up. But later, when trying again, I found out that for my tablet (Huion), I needed to enable raw input on the ingame options.

Questions? Comments? If you have questions, comment them below! If you have comments, well, I don't know what you're supposed to do with those actually. *Hint sarcasm, as well as above somewhere in the post too*


2 comments:

  1. "A friend, who liked anime very much, showed me this game."

    Please tell me you're referring to me

    ReplyDelete